Web of Science
The IUNI Science of Science Hub acquired the complete set of Thomson Reuters’ Web of Science XML raw data (Web of Knowledge version 5). This data can be used by any employee of Indiana University for academic research and without any sharing of data. Data details and information on how to access the data are given below.
- WOK XML ONE TIME DELIVERY: Science Citation Index Expanded from 1900-2013
- WOK XML ONE TIME DELIVERY: Social Sciences Citation Index from 1900-2013
- WOK XML ONE TIME DELIVERY: Arts &Humanities Citation Index from 1975-2013
- WOK XML ONE TIME DELIVERY: Book Citation Index -- Science from 2005-2013
- WOK XML ONE TIME DELIVERY: Book Citation Index -- Social Sciences & Humanities from 2005-2013
- WOK XML ONE TIME DELIVERY: Conference Proceedings Citation Index -- Science & Technical from 1990-2013
General Data Statistics:
- Web of Science Core Collection: The number of total items from 1900 through 2013 is 56,149,799. We do not have a total count for cited references for all editions combined.
- The total number of items for just the three editions SCIE, SSCI, AHCI combined is approximately 51,170,866.
- The count of cited references for just the three editions combined SCIE, SSCI, AHCI is approximately 932,057,004.
- The total number of items for just the proceedings combined is approximately 7,715,487 and the total number of cited references is approximately 79,290,898.
- The total number of items for Book Citation Index (BKCI) between 2005-2013 is approximately 709,871 and the total number of cited references for BKCI between 2005-2013 is approximately 28,119,972.
- Entity Relationship Diagram (pdf)
- Web of Knowledge Schemas (pdf)
- Data Dictionary (pdf)
- Web of Knowledge User Guide (pdf)
The data can be accessed as RAW XML data or in a
Postgresql database via a Karst Data Enclave.
Custom datasets can be requested in standard
data formats (.csv, .net).
To request data access, please complete the IUNI Web of Science Data (WoS) Access Request Form
Upon approval, data enclave access is provided by the IUNI Data Manager Matthew Hutchinson.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.