Information technology support and partnership
IUNI has built a team of experts in information technology devoted to the needs of IUNI faculty, staff, and the larger network science community at IU. IUNI's IT Team, led by IT Director Valentin Pentchev, includes a systems developer, front-end developer, data manager, and a part-time web designer. We also work with a number of IT staff from across the university on our many projects.
The IT team is experienced in visual design and pre and post production, as well as in commercial, educational, and private cloud services and cloud-native technologies. In addition to offering assistance to IUNI-affiliated researchers working on network science endeavors, the team hosts and makes a wide variety of datasets and network science tools available to the scientific community .
Skills and Technologies Supported:
- Centralized high-performance and distributed computing technologies including MPI, OpenMP, Hadoop, and Spark
- Relational, object, column, key-value, in-memory, and graph databases, as well as parallel, high capacity, and high-performance file systems
- Supports full-stack web development through LAMP, PHP, Flask, SCSS, HTML 5.0, SOAP, Apache Thrift, and Cordova
- Uses messaging frameworks such as RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, and Apache Kafka
- Uses devOps like OpenStack, Virtual Box, Ansible, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Cloud support, such as for Dynamic Schema in Azure Data Lake Analytics, ETL tools, and AWS Container Orchestration and Elasticity